WELCOME TO OUR FAQ PAGE
To view our Booking Online Step-by-Step Video Tutorial Click HERE
- Yes, it can be. The calendar is open 60 days at a time. If there are greyed-out areas, please come back and check again, we know we can get you in, and we appreciate your patience.
I do not see available appointments past a certain month, do you have a waiting list, I desperately need a haircut.
- At this time the studio's time is in high demand and we cannot physically keep up with requests for each person who wants to get in on the books. We understand how frustrating this can be as we are sure you need a haircut asap! But please know we've made it very easy for you to see our live calendar at the touch of your fingertips located on our Salon Services page.
Where are you located?
- We are located at 32 Cedar St, Dobbs Ferry, NY across from Lemon Tree Asian Cuisine. We have a large store front glass window and our logo is on the front door where you walk in.
- The scheduler allows booking depending on how long the service will be. For instance, if there's a 1-hour slot for Thursday and you are looking for a New Visit with Meg, it will not work because that kind of service takes 2 hours. If it is not allowing you to book, please choose another day and/or time.
DO I NEED TO DO ANYTHING BEFORE I ARRIVE?
Yes, please read Salon Services page for more information located throughout the page.
I DON'T KNOW HOW TO STYLE MY HAIR FOR MY APPOINTMENT!
Do the best you can! We believe in you! But please we highly request you view our Policies page of how NOT to arrive to avoid any addition service charges.
CAN I CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE ONLINE?
Yes, please review your sms message or email to make those changes.
- No. Sometimes you may find a later appointment depending on the time of the year.
I am not new to getting my hair done curly, do I still have to be a First Visit Service even if I have seen other curly hair stylists?
- We LOVE that you have seen other stylists and respectfully ask if you have never visited our establishment, we request you to book a First Visit Service with either Artist.
Can I come in for a consultation first this way you can see my hair before booking an appointment?
- You sure can book an online consultation that we offer. To view our availability please Click Here
YOU OFFER GIFT CARDS? I'D LIKE TO BUY ONE FOR MY WIFE / COLLEAGUE / FRIEND
Yes, you can purchase them at our Gift Certificate page
WHAT PRODUCTS DO YOU RECOMMEND FOR MY HAIR?
Our Alchemists will discuss more about what products are best for your hair after a thorough observation during your scheduled appointment. However, we can assist you on what ingredients to look out for. By checking the ingredients in your haircare products the top 4 ingredients to stay away from are as listed; Isopropyl alcohol, Propanol, PEG(all numbers), Sodium Laural Sulfate.
I PURCHASED PRODUCTS OFF THE SHOP’S AFFILIATE LINKS. IF THERE IS AN ISSUE, DO I TAKE IT UP WITH YOU OR THE MANUFACTURING COMPANY?
Thank you for using our links. They help with shipments and offer you the best quality products directly from the company themselves. Any issue you may have, their customer service can help you and their contact is located in your order confirmation email.
WILL MY HAIR LOOK GOOD STRAIGHTENED AFTER A CURLY CUT?
Yes our haircuts do. However, we don't guarantee nor promise end results to be flawless for a blow out. If you'd like to have the option and it is very important to you, we may not be the best fit for you.
DOES THE STUDIO OFFER HAIR COLOR SERVICES?
We have not offered hair color services since 2019. However we offer haircuts, scalp treatments and Olaplex treatments.
DO YOU TAKE KIDS? ARE THERE KID'S PRICES?
Yes children are encouraged to be our clients! We have to get them to love their curls as young as possible!
ARE MEN ALLOWED AS CLIENTS IN YOUR SALON?
ALL GENDERS are allowed at the salon. I simply ask you are not expecting shorter haircuts under 3 inches. I am not a barber and prefer to work with all masculine individuals who want to work with their curls, not cut them off.
I HAD CHEMO AND MY HAIR GREW IN CURLY, IS THIS NORMAL? CAN YOU HELP ME?
I know going through treatment is painful, especially when you have experienced losing your hair. I am very equipped to work with your new hair and would be honored to work with you as you continue to grow in thicker and healthier.